Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Resolutions/Goals!


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl in which we create bookish lists about everything from our favorite characters to love triangles and everything in between!
This Week's Topic: Bookish Resolutions/Goals!

A new year means it's time to set some new goals for ourselves, and today's post is no exception! Here, we're going to be sharing our top ten goals in terms of reading and blogging for 2018.


10. Finishing editing the first draft of my manuscript. No explanation needed here. I just need to pick up the pen and get slashing!

9. Visit my local library again. Being away at college means that I can't take out books from the library (and our college library is only filled with research books, no fiction), so most of what I'm reading is either self-bought or sent to me by publishers. While these books are still awesome, I'd love to go back to being at my library 2-3 times a week over the summer and when I'm home, because taking out books from there was always one of my favorite pastimes, and I've grown to miss it.

8. Read some more NA books. I will always be a huge and undyingly loyal fan of YA Lit, but I've read some NA books from time to time that I've really enjoyed so I'd like to also really explore that more!

7. Expand my genre-reading a little bit. Anyone that knows me knows that I'm a huge fan of contemporary romance and I don't branch out much beyond the contemporary setting, so I'd like to try to pick up some books outside of that genre this year and hopefully enjoy them!

6. Create some sort of 2018 blogging award. This has been on our mind here at The Book Bratz for awhile, but we'd really like to host some sort of blogger award here where everyone can nominate some of their favorite bloggers for all sorts of categories, as a fun little way to give back and say thank you and show some appreciation for members of the blogging community. Comment down below to share your thoughts on the idea -- we're still feeling it out!

5. Host more giveaways on the blog. We may be broke but that doesn't mean we don't want to treat you guys every now and then!

4. Read more 2018 debut authors! I feel like I blame everything on college, but it really is the reason that I haven't been as up-to-date with debut authors as I should be, and I want to make up for that this year.

3. Finally unclog my list of backlisted books. There are so many books from 2017 and prior that I have on my TBR that I never got around to reading because I was always reading upcoming/2018 releases for the blog, so one of my goals is to finally sit down and read all of those.

2. Complete my Goodreads goal of 60 books! I used to be able to read 100+ books in a year back in high school, but college has made that a pretty big challenge. This past year I managed to read 57 books, so I upped my goal to 60 this year and will make it higher if it proves to be a bit too easy -- but here's to hoping I reach it!

1. Get better on commenting back on other blogs. Life is just so busy that we sometimes don't have the time, but I'd really like to make a greater effort to read the bookish posts/reviews of you guys more! ReadWriteLove28's #Commenting365 Challenge is also proving to be super helpful with this!


So these are my top ten bookish goals for 2018 -- what are yours? Leave a comment down below and let me know, and best of luck on achieving them! You can do this!

you got this do it GIF


3 comments

  1. Best of luck on your manuscript, Jessica! <3 I really want to read some NA (even adult) books this year, too. There were a few I liked (and a lot I DIDN'T like) the past few years, but I think it's just because I only read the more popular ones. Same goes for my GR goal! I used to read 100+ books, but since my reading slump last year, it's so hard for me to keep up with that pace. :( Anyway, good luck with all of these! <3

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your goals! I also need to take a chunk out of my TBR and expand my genre reading. I'm glad to see I'm not the only reader who loves public libraries ;) Have a good year blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely think I need to start holding more giveaways! I've never really known where to start, but I have so many books that I'm unhauling that I want to pass on to someone who'll really enjoy them - that sounds like a really fun way to do it.

    You can check out my bookish resolutions here.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️