Wonderland Novels' Favorite YA Fairytale Adaptations! (SBPT Stop #8)

Current Hosts of:

Welcome to the eighth stop of the 2015 Summer Blogger Promo Tour, hosted by us ladies at The Book Bratz! This is a summer-long tour where we'll be introducing you to different book bloggers and their awesome blogs every Sunday - if you're interested in learning more about the tour, click here.





Today we have Alice froWonderland Novels here to talk about her favorite YA fairytale adaptations and retellings! Since her name is Alice and her blog is titled Wonderland Novels, we felt that this would be the perfect thing to do - so without further ado, here are Alice's favorite YA fairytale retellings and adaptations!

18782855
Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay

Alice says: Sleeping Beauty/Aurora was always my favorite of the Disney princesses as a kid, so it's no surprise that this is one of my favorite
adaptations! Despite the name character being a princess named Aurora,
however, it is very different. Aurora, known as Ror in this novel,
dresses up as a boy in order to rescue her brother. It's the perfect
combination of romance (there is a Prince!) and action.

11235712
Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Alice says: Cinder is based on Cinderella; it is set in a future world where
cyborgs and robots ("andriods") exist. Cinder plays a big role in
saving the Commonwealth from the evil Queen Levana and makes for a
great heroine. I also absolutely loved the romance between Cinder and
Kai, which was very believable.

13721341
Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson

Alice says: When I first started reading this, I didn't know what fairytale it's
based off of, but after googling it, I found out it was based on
Bluebeard. After reading the synopsis of the fairytale, I was scared
that I spoiled it for myself. This was not the case. Nickerson does an
amazing job creating mystery and suspense and manages to hold the
reader's attention throughout.

So, those were some of Alice's favorite YA fairytale stories! Now it's time to get to know Alice a little more!

About Alice:

I'm Alice, and I'm the co-owner of Wonderland Novels. I had a book blog back in 2010 and 2011, but stopped blogging for a while. However, after BookCon in 2014, I was once again inspired to create a book blog. After all, I love reading and sometimes wrote reviews anyway, so why not? I told Yiling, who attended BookCon with me, and she expressed her interest as well... and so, Wonderland Novels was born! We are called Wonderland Novels because at the time, I liked Alice in Wonderland (still do!), and since it is a book, I figured it'll fit well for a book blog. It was a big bonus that my name was also Alice! ;) Our blog focuses on the Young Adult genre but may very occasionally include some Middle Grade or New Adult content. Wonderland Novels primarily features book reviews, memes, giveaways, and book tours.
You can keep up with Alice on her blogTwitterGoodreads and Bloglovin'

Don't forget to check back next Sunday, when we'll be posting our recap post on the entire tour and reflecting on the experience as a whole! :-)






1 comment

  1. I loved Cinder (and the rest of the book in The Lunar Chronicles series)! SO SO SO GOOD.

    I haven't read the other books that Alice mentioned, but Princess of Thorns is one that I look for everywhere I go.

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️