Review: Breathe by Abbi Glines

Title: Breathe (Sea Breeze #1) 
Author: Abbi Glines
Genre: Romance
Publisher: Simon Pulse 
Publication Date: June 4th 2013

Summary:
Sadie White’s summer job is at the beach, but she won’t be working as a lifeguard. Since her mom is pregnant and refuses to work, Sadie will be taking over as a domestic servant for a wealthy family on a nearby island. When the family arrives at their summer getaway, Sadie is surprised to learn that the owner of the house is Jax Stone, one of the hottest teen rockers in the world. If Sadie were normal—if she hadn’t spent her life raising her mother and taking care of the house—maybe she’d be excited about working for a rock star. But she’s not. Even though Sadie isn’t impressed by Jax’s fame, he is drawn to her. Everything about Sadie fascinates Jax, but he fights his attraction: Relationships never work in his world, and as badly as he wants Sadie, he believes she deserves more. Yet as the summer stretches on, Jax’s passion leaves him breathless—and Sadie feels like the only source of oxygen. Can their love overcome the disparity in their lifestyles? One breath at a time, they’re going to find out…
*Warning: I will probably contadict myself a ton of times. But I liked/disliked this book* 


I been seeing this book around for a while now, and it is just taunting me so I figured I would give it a chance. (Plus there is a shirtless guy on the cover, how long was I going to resist that?) It was one of those books that I liked but I didn't like all at the same time. But I also found it to be a bit fake and cliche. I know books are something we read to escape reality but I also want to read something more realistic in a contemporary novel though. Falling in love with a rock star isn't something that happens often. (In my opinion) 


This book felt like a huge case of instalove. They knew Sadie and Jax knew each other for like two days before they started with the obsessive behavior and all. (Maybe. I don't know how it is like because I have never been in love?) But I didn't feel realistic to me at all. Their relationship moved way to fast. But at the same time I really liked the fast romance. 


I wasn't exactly sure what genre this book was suppose to be. Was it New Adult or upper Young Adult. Sadie is only seventeen, but there was sexual content as you would find it in a New Adult novel. Gah. Frustrating enough right there.


I didn't hate this book. I thought it was cute. But there were things that bothered me. It was something fast to read, being that I read it in a few hours. But being a teenage girl and being obsessed with Adam Levine (Though I am very well aware he is too old for me) part of me wishes that this book was a reality. Enough with my word vomit. I did like this book after all. I just didn't love it. 

RATING: 


No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️