Waiting on Sunday with Caught Read Handed (SBPT Stop, #5)


Welcome to The Summer Blogger Promo Tour, an event created by us ladies at The Book Bratz, whose blog you're on right now! This is a weekly tour stop where we'll be highlighting different bloggers and their fantastic book blogs all summer long. You can read more about the tour by clicking here!

Welcome to the fifth week of the Summer Blogger Promo Tour! August is officially upon us, which means that we only have a couple more weeks to introduce our lovely followers to other awesome book blogs that they should check out. You've all heard of Waiting on Wednesday, right? We're switching it up a bit this week! Today we're hosting Waiting on Sunday here at the blog with Stefani from Caught Read Handed!

"Waiting On Wednesday" (this week, Waiting on SUNDAY) is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Let's see what Stefani chose!


Title: Afterworlds
Author: Scott Westerfeld
Publication Date: September 23rd, 2014

Summary: Darcy Patel has put college and everything else on hold to publish her teen novel, Afterworlds. Arriving in New York with no apartment or friends she wonders whether she's made the right decision until she falls in with a crowd of other seasoned and fledgling writers who take her under their wings… Told in alternating chapters is Darcy's novel, a suspenseful thriller about Lizzie, a teen who slips into the 'Afterworld' to survive a terrorist attack. But the Afterworld is a place between the living and the dead and as Lizzie drifts between our world and that of the Afterworld, she discovers that many unsolved - and terrifying - stories need to be reconciled. And when a new threat resurfaces, Lizzie learns her special gifts may not be enough to protect those she loves and cares about most.

Why Stefani's excited: "First, it’s Scott Westerfeld. I mean, he’s a great author, so I’m excited to just have a new book by him. Full stop. But then I read the synopsis, and WOAH, I WANT TO READ THIS RIGHT NOW! I think it sounds really interesting, and I adore metafiction. It’s been getting mixed reviews on Goodreads, but I’m really looking forward to being able to pick it."

We also asked Stefani a few questions on what it's like to be a book blogger!

The Book Bratz: What's your favorite part about being a book blogger?
Stefani: The community, hands down. The people in the book blogging community are so wonderful. I love being able to talk about books, and that’s exactly what the book blogging community is: a bunch of people who just want to talk about books. I’ve made several new friends and found a whole bunch of new books I want to read. It’s great.

The Book Bratz: Have you ever guest-posted on any other blogs before? Which guest post have you done that's been your favorite?
Stefani: I’ve only done two guest posts before, both about the literary scene/heritage in Edinburgh, Scotland. I love both of them because I love that city. I wrote about the Edinburgh UNESCO City of Literature’s literary salons for the Canongate Books’ blog. (Read it here.) For Hardcovers and Heroines, I did a virtual road trip post about Edinburgh’s literary heritage and places to visit. (Read it here!)

The Book Bratz: Who's one author that you'd love to have dinner with?
Stefani: Hmmm. That’s a hard one. My favorite author is Ian Rankin, but since I’ve had coffee with him before (and met him a bunch of times – SO COOL!), I’ll pick someone else. I would LOVE to have dinner with John Green. He’s intelligent, geeky, and funny, and I think we’d have some really great conversations. DFTBA, you guys!

The Book Bratz: If you could rewrite the ending to any book, what book would it be?Stefani: Again, hard question. Honestly, I don’t think I’d change any book because the author intended it to be that way, whether I liked it or not. I know that sounds really pretentious, but it’s true. The author wrote it that way for a reason. Maybe they didn’t intend for me to react a certain way (as I believe each reader determines what a book means to them when they read it), but the author poured his or her heart and soul into it. Of course, I could say I wish Tris didn’t die, or Augustus, or Fred (WHY???!!). But each of these things made me have feels and I like book feels. That’s part of why I read.
Thanks so much to The Book Bratz for having me and for hosting the Summer Blogger Promo Tour!
We'd like to thank Stefani for agreeing to have us feature her on the blog this week and also thank her for all of her help with her Waiting on Sunday and answering our questions!

See you all back here next week when we feature Jen from Ink on the Shelf!

Also, click here to see our full Summer Blogger Promo Tour schedule!

Previous Tour Stop Posts:
*Sunday, July 6th (Stop #1): Talking BookCon with Dana Square
*Sunday, July 13th (Stop #2): Introducing Andrew from Endlesslyreading
*Sunday, July 20th (Stop #3): Guest Review by Ana Loves
*Sunday, July 27th (Stop #4): The YA Club Guest Post: Why They Blog















2 comments

  1. Still super pumped about this book! Thanks for having me, you two. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️